Saturday, November 1, 2014

sorry. so sorry. i'm so sorry *runs away*

Sometimes I just want to go on an apology spree and tell every single person that I'm sorry for every moronic thing I've ever done or been associated with. I do mini sprees every now and again. Last night I apologized to my husband for something I said almost seven years ago that he didn't even remember me saying to begin with.

It's always awkward when the person doesn't even know what the hell you're talking about. But I'm sorry anyway. I'm sorry even though I'm human and it's natural to be imperfect and dumb. I want to apologize to my mom all those times I stayed up on the phone past my bedtime. Even though I wouldn't be who I am today without all those important and unimportant conversations. And, to be honest, I actually like me now.

I don't like past me nearly as much as I like present me. It's really like a one to ten. That's pretty bad, isn't it? Or is it a good thing? Who knows. You might.

I want to apologize to present me for being past me. Even though it made me who I am, as I said before. I think that every single teeny tiny decision we make molds us into who we are. I know that's cliche, and I honestly don't mind being cliche. I don't mind being on the optimistic side. Though, it can get lonely. I enjoy hoping the best for people. I enjoy encouraging people. I enjoy helping people. And that I won't apologize for.

No comments:

Post a Comment